Steve Fuller defendeu o Design Inteligente sabendo o que estava fazendo

terça-feira, novembro 17, 2009

University of Bristol

Philosophy and History of Science Seminars

Steve Fuller

"When Philosophy, Science, Politics and Law Collide: My Career in Intelligent Design"

I shall defend the remarkable thesis that I knew what I was doing when I agreed to be an expert witness for the defence in the recent Pennsylvania trial concerning ID. Along the way, I shall discuss the role of philosophers as experts on the nature of science, the status of intelligent design as science, and the problems of arguing these matters in a fraught political environment that is mediated by the idiosyncrasies of the US legal system. I shall also sketch what I regard as an intellectually interesting strategy for the future of ID, though I claim no authority over those who are best placed to execute it.